If your child turns 5:
- before 1 May, they can start primary school at the start of the year.
- after 1 May, they can start the next year.
Your child must be at school by their 6th birthday.
If our school is not your local school, you can still apply to enrol, but enrolment will only be offered if we have places available.
Mid-year intake from 2024
From 2024, there will be a mid-year intake into school.
From 2024, if your child turns 5 years between 1 May and 31 October, they can start school in either:
- term 3 of the same year
- or term 1 the following year.
Students enrolled through a mid-year intake will complete 6 terms of reception.
Apply to enrol
Step 1: Submit a Registration of Interest form. You can get a form from our front office.
Offers of enrolment
Step 2: We will review your Registration of Interest form. To ensure this is done in a timely manner, please complete all sections of the Registration of Interest form.
Step 3: At this point, we will communicate the next steps with you. This will likely involve an enrolment meeting invitation. During the enrolment meeting, we can help you fill in an enrolment form, if you need.
Before or at the enrolment meeting, you’ll need to provide:
- a completed enrolment form
- a copy of the child’s original birth certificate or passport
- an immunisation certificate
- residency visa, if you’re a non-Australian resident
- proof of address (for example utility bill or lease agreement).
If you are submitting an enrolment request for the following year, ask us about transition visit dates during term 4. This is for all students starting school the following year.